Customers who purchased orders for Standard UK delivery may be affected by the industrial action with Royal Mail.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Strikes can sometimes cause delays in the postal service, and unfortunately, there is not much that can be done to expedite the delivery in such situations.
We are advising customers in the UK who wish to receive their order in time for Christmas to choose express shipping which will be sent with DHL.
Please see below for the official statement from Royal Mail.
This information is subject to change, for most up to date information please visit:
Services during Industrial Action
12 December 2022
National strike action dates formally notified by the CWU
The CWU has formally notified Royal Mail they plan to call on their members who collect, sort and deliver parcels and letters to take national strike action on Wednesday 14 December, Thursday 15 December, Friday 23 December and Saturday 24 December 2022.
Royal Mail has well-developed contingency plans, but we cannot fully replace the daily efforts of our frontline workforce. We’ll be doing what we can to keep services running, but we are sorry this planned strike action is likely to cause you some disruption.
Royal Mail and CWU update
Following several months of talks between Royal Mail and Communication Workers Union, including ACAS facilitation, Royal Mail has shared a best and final offer for pay and change. The revised offer includes extensive improvements that have been made during the negotiations with the CWU, including an enhanced pay deal of 9% over 18 months and a number of other concessions to terms and agreements. The offer is subject to agreeing a programme of change with the CWU.
We’re urging CWU leadership to accept the change and pay offer, call off future damaging strike action, for the good of our customers and our people. We apologise to our customers for the inconvenience the CWU's continued strike action will cause. We are doing all we can to minimise delays and keep people, businesses and the country connected.
On days when national strike action is taking place:
- We will deliver as many Special Delivery and Tracked 24 parcels as possible
- We will prioritise the delivery of COVID test kits and medical prescriptions wherever possible
- We will not be delivering letters (with the exception of Special Delivery) or Door to Door mail
- We will not be accepting customer handovers of Door to Door contracts at our Walk Bundling Centres
What you can do:
- Post your items as early as possible in advance of the strike dates
- Continue to post your items at Postboxes or Post Offices, however collections will be less frequent on days when strike action is taking place
Article is closed for comments.